You know what they say: time flies when you have this much homework. Luckily, College Council has more than enough on its to-do list to keep us busy and sufficiently procrastinated!
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve as your Co-Presidents. We believe that College Council can make your Williams experience better, and we are committed to ensuring that the work Council does reflects your interests.
Most importantly, HOW does one get in touch with CC?! Let us count the ways:
- Come to our meetings on Wednesday nights at 7:30pm in Hopkins Classroom 001.
- Come to CC Walk-In Hours in the CC Office (upstairs in Paresky) to ask us questions about student groups, funding, or anything else that’s on your mind. We practically live there and we already spend a lot of time together, so we want to talk to YOU. Stop by on Monday nights between 8 and 10pm.
- Check out our website: it’s under construction! collegecouncil.williams.edu
- Send your thoughts on what Council should be doing to [email protected]
- Say hi when you see us around campus. We like it.
In our first Council meeting of the semester on Wednesday, we formed committees to start working on the projects that are important to you:
The Great Ideas Committee will work on implementing the ideas that improve the everyday student experience at Williams—more color printing options on campus, expanding SuperFan, and revitalizing the Student Activities Resource Center upstairs in Paresky.
The Student Organizations Committee (SOC) will work to support the over 180 clubs and organizations that CC funds and will also maintain an up-to-date list of active student groups online.
The CC Communications Team will update the CC website and advertise all of our meetings, events, and programs. We especially want to make our Facebook “likable,” so we’ll be sure to fill you in on the deets of what we’re doing throughout the semester.
CC will also continue its work on the Mental Health Committee, which examines areas on campus where students do not feel safe or supported. Mental Health Committee is currently working on getting JA walk-in hours in Paresky through Psychological Services and creating another “You Are Not Alone” event.
We are excited, we care about this place a lot, and we look forward to learning more about how we can help. We promise to do the (student) body good!
Much love and EPH-ection,
Krista and Peter
College Council Presidents