Blog

A Terrifying Love

By Jay Schroeter | September 18, 2021 | 0 Comments

In the name of the Father Holy                      Amen                       Spirit, and the Son and the Menōn, I have been meaning to talk to you about this for a while, but I’m not sure how … Continue reading “A Terrifying Love”

Art by Emily Ham

By Emily Ham | August 24, 2021 | 0 Comments

Chaotic Peace The observer looks out at the chaos. There exists a barrier between the two, suggesting the lack of control the observer has over what is transpiring on the other side. The observer, who does not have a body, remains in a state of total paralysis. On one hand, the arbitrary nature of the … Continue reading “Art by Emily Ham”

On the Fear of the Lord

By Fang Zheng Andre Hui | August 20, 2021 | 0 Comments

“Fear” is not a word I had instinctively associated with any person of the Trinity (God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). How could a feeling that lends itself to an aversion toward its object be something that I feel toward God? I trust God the Father on a cognitive and affective level; I … Continue reading “On the Fear of the Lord”

Bittersweet

By Samuel Ojo | August 17, 2021 | 0 Comments

Untitled, 2020, digital photograph, 3712 x 5568. Shutter speed 1/160, F4.0, ISO 5000.  Untitled, 2020, digital photograph, 4000 x 6000. Shutter speed 1/320, F5.0, ISO 8000. Oluwadamilare, 2020, digital photograph, 5324 x 4000. Shutter speed 1/125, F5.0, ISO 5000. Nigerian culture has been on a rise worldwide. While everyone wants to enjoy the music, clothing, … Continue reading “Bittersweet”

Dealing with Doubt

By Andrew Nachamkin | August 17, 2021 | 0 Comments

“And have mercy on those who doubt.” – Jude 22 I’ll never forget the first time I seriously questioned my faith. I was thirteen, sitting in the back of a Christmas Eve service, and as I looked up at the church ceiling, I thought, “How do I know this isn’t all made up?” Feeling the … Continue reading “Dealing with Doubt”

Death is a Gardener

By Rebecca Park | August 10, 2021 | 0 Comments

Questions for Journal Reflection: Many of us have experienced the global trauma of the pandemic as a numbness. How does or doesn’t this resonate with you? Travel through any guilt you may be experiencing in response to this. Where does the pressure to respond in particular ways stem from for you? What memories of death … Continue reading “Death is a Gardener”

Reflections Amidst COVID-19

By Fang Zheng Andre Hui | August 8, 2021 | 0 Comments

Christie Yang I originally wrote this poem in the midst of midterms during the spring semester of my freshman year. I was procrastinating my studies, and I was tired, stressed, and pressured by comparison and competition. My greatest fear was failing to meet my own standards and those of the world, as well as disappointing … Continue reading “Reflections Amidst COVID-19”

Yet

By Eugene Amankwah | July 29, 2021 | 0 Comments

Life is difficult Fears can get in our way, yet God delivers us Fear is one feeling that is universal for human beings. Everyone – no matter how young or old, rich or poor – fears something. Rational fears are usually good, as they tend to keep us from doing things that may put us … Continue reading “Yet”

No Fear of Condemnation

By Greg Phelan | July 22, 2021 | 0 Comments

“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1 (NIV) We are all looking for a verdict.  We want to be told that we are good enough and that we matter. In other words, we want a verdict that our life is meaningful. We seek that verdict from many places, … Continue reading “No Fear of Condemnation”

My Fathers

By Sarah Gantt | July 15, 2021 | 0 Comments

I stood in the laundry room with piles of clothes at my feet, feeling my dad’s arms wrap around me and his scruffy beard scratch my forehead as he kissed me, whispering, “I am proud of you.” Hours later, I boarded my Williams-bound plane, my eyes moist with tears and my heart bursting with love … Continue reading “My Fathers”