Blog

Sanctuary: The Manifest Kingdom

By Loren Tsang | May 20, 2023 | Comments Off on Sanctuary: The Manifest Kingdom

If you’ve ever watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame, you’re probably familiar with the concept of sanctuary. If you haven’t, allow me to set the scene for you. Near the end of the movie, we find Quasimodo, the titular character, chained atop the Cathedral of Notre Dame. He is crying out for Esmeralda, his gypsy … Continue reading “Sanctuary: The Manifest Kingdom”

Maranatha, Tetelestai: An Encounter

By Ale Pirela-Parra | May 8, 2023 | Comments Off on Maranatha, Tetelestai: An Encounter

“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work among you will complete it” — Phil. 1:6(a). the bible, our definitive epic. infinite source, muse for all humanity. studied, celebrated, repudiated, loved, hated. the hero’s journey from manger to messiah. story that made history, told throughout the centuries. all … Continue reading “Maranatha, Tetelestai: An Encounter”

Unending Love by Joshua Hewson

By Andrew Nachamkin | April 30, 2023 | Comments Off on Unending Love by Joshua Hewson

The struggle of life is rough, and waiting for better things can hurt like hell.   We pray for better times without knowing when they will come or if they will come.   But love redeems the struggle.   Love gives us patience  when we are tired of waiting.   Love gives us hope when … Continue reading “Unending Love by Joshua Hewson”

Humanity’s Homesickness

By Grayson Brooks | April 25, 2023 | Comments Off on Humanity’s Homesickness

When I went to summer camp before the fifth grade, I experienced intense homesickness and overwhelming anxiety. To comfort me, my parents wrote me frequent letters. My favorite letters were two my father sent me containing long excerpts from two chapters of The Lord of the Rings: “The Choices of Master Samwise” and “The Tower … Continue reading “Humanity’s Homesickness”

Above Ground

By Sarah Gantt | April 13, 2023 | 1 Comment

In the land of manna, you experienced healing through        reflections of street lights in rain puddles       the sale bin at Brandy Melville       broken train lines       & kind faces   You rode a moving staircase  that emerged above ground  under a tree canopy    In the land of manna, you felt beautiful for  the first time … Continue reading “Above Ground”

Untitled

By Jay Schroeter | April 5, 2023 | Comments Off on Untitled

“When you my Friend are passing by And this Inform  you where I ly Remember you er’e long                                                must have Like me a Mansion in the Grave”           … Continue reading “Untitled”

Longing for Legacy

By Andrew Nachamkin | March 9, 2023 | Comments Off on Longing for Legacy

“But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.” – Philippians 3:7 Over the summer, I finally watched Breaking Bad and was blown away by the show’s climactic moments that portray our society’s struggles of violence, greed, and pride. However, there’s one quieter scene that has kept bouncing around … Continue reading “Longing for Legacy”

Esse Amanda

By Sarah Ling | March 1, 2023 | Comments Off on Esse Amanda

NON INIUSSA CANO   —ECLOGA VI:IX [1] The breeze told me that our names serve as prophecy. And if a request could have floated from my preformed lips up to my mother’s hopes:            amanda I would say            amanda I cry   As for my mom, … Continue reading “Esse Amanda”

A Terrifying Love

By Jay Schroeter | September 18, 2021 | 1 Comment

In the name of the Father Holy                      Amen                       Spirit, and the Son and the Menōn, I have been meaning to talk to you about this for a while, but I’m not sure how … Continue reading “A Terrifying Love”

On the Fear of the Lord

By Fang Zheng Andre Hui | August 20, 2021 | Comments Off on On the Fear of the Lord

“Fear” is not a word I had instinctively associated with any person of the Trinity (God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). How could a feeling that lends itself to an aversion toward its object be something that I feel toward God? I trust God the Father on a cognitive and affective level; I … Continue reading “On the Fear of the Lord”