The Williams College Math Camp (WCMC) is a residential math camp for about 20 mathematically gifted high school students who have completed or are currently enrolled in Algebra 2 or its equivalent. Students will be exposed to several different areas of mathematics through colloquia and other activities, but the primary focus of the camp will be Number Theory & The Art of Mathematical Thinking. Students will learn to explore the theory of numbers by asking thoughtful questions, working out examples, looking for patterns, making conjectures, and finally, proving their results.
WCMC 2018 will take place July 2 – 11, 2018.
The admission and registration fee for the 2018 camp is $650. It is free to participants whose families make under $60,000 gross per year.
- 3 meals per day, typically at a Williams College dining hall with vegetarian and vegan options
- Lodging in private rooms (shared bathrooms) on single-sex floors in a Williams College dorm
- WCMC t-shirt
- Field trip to MASS MoCA, including tour of the Sol Le Witt exhibit
- Private planetarium showing at Williams College
- Guest lectures by award-winning faculty
- Male and female teaching assistants/residential advisors
- Social activities including scavenger hunt, hiking, math movie nights, and July 4th festivities
- Access to the Williams College Libraries
- Access to Williams College facilities including gym and pool
Please note that the actual per-student value of the camp is over $1700, but we are able to offer you this reduced fee because of the generosity of our funders: Williams College, Carlow & Zepka Construction, and private donors.