Friendly Philippines

From the moment you get off the plane, you experience the friendliness of the Filipinos. My host Fidel Nemenzo, President of the South-East Asia Mathematical Association and famous student revolutionary against the Marcos dictatorship, I have found to be also an extraordinary teacher and gourmet cook. Malou Lopez, who worked briefly as Williams College Mathematics Department secretary, arranged a splendid lunch for me with the College of Business Administration.

One Comment

1. engezbent:

WOW!!! Sir, I still couldn’t believe meeting you in person and talking with you, just after clicking your websites and reading a few descriptions…I was totally amazed. I’m elated, and really felt like “I’m ready to die right now” just for the joy of meeting an accomplished world mathematician and graduate of Princeton University – my dream School! – I can’t help but be very very happy and ready to die smiling with such joy, hehehe. I HOPE and PRAY that these will not be the lasts of our acquaintance, communication/correspondence, and friendship…GOD BLESS ALWAYS! 🙂