Climate Advocacy and Activism
We hold collaborative workshops with women and youth to develop climate smart policies and strategies
Land & Water Rights Workshop
- To review rights & practices of water user groups for sharing water and managing irrigation channels
- To develop watershed management plans for villages and regional collaborations
- To get funding for creating artificial glaciers, ice stupas, or modifying irrigation channels to enhance water supply
Seed Bank Workshop
- To bring together women from different valleys and microclimates across Zangskar to exchange heirloom seeds, root stocks, tree cuttings, & newer agrarian techniques
- To strategize and share knowledges around the introduction of new crops such as apples, apricots, pulses, & other vegetables that can improve local food security
- To help foster exchange of agrarian, pastoral, and other food production strategies and skills
Climate Smart Policy Workshop
- To present climate smart policy recommendations that help Zangskari villagers prepare for increased aridity and future disruptions
- To help villages develop disaster risk reduction plans and strategies to help mitigate effects of landslides, flooding, locus outbreaks, & other disasters.
- To develop proposals for creating artificial glaciers, ice stupas, irrigation channels, and other methods of enhancing existing irrigation water availability in Zangskar.