Publications (under construction)
How to lie with bad data. with David Hand, Statistical Science, Vol. 20, No. 3 (Aug., 2005), pp. 231-238.
A 7-Minute Neurocognitive Screening Battery Highly Sensitive to Alzheimer Disease. with P.R. Solomon, A. Hirschoff, B. Kelley, M. Relin, M. Bruxh and W. W. Pendlebury, Archives of Neurology, Vol. 55, (1998), pp. 349-355.
Prediction Intervals for Neural Networks via Nonlinear Regression. with J. Schumi, J. Schweinsberg, and Lyle Ungar, Vol. 40, (1998), Draft (1997), No. 4, pp. 273-282.
- A Brief Introduction to Neural Networks. with Lyle Ungar, Submitted for Publication — Draft version (1996)
- Estimating Prediction Intervals for Artificial Neural Networks. with Lyle Ungar and E. Rosengarten, Ninth Yale Workshop on Adaptive and Learning Systems, (1996).
A Guided Tour of Modern Regression Methods, Proceedings of the Section on Physical and Engineering Sciences, (Invited talk given at the 1995 fall FTC. Shewell Award 1995).
- A Statistical Basis for Using Radial Basis Functions for Process Control. with Lyle Ungar, American Control Conference Proceedings (1995)
- Statistical Approaches to Fault Analysis in Multivariate Process Control.
with Lyle Ungar and J.M. Vinson, American Control Conference Proceedings (1994).
- Radial Basis Function Neural Networks for Process Control. with Lyle
Ungar and T. Johnson, CIMPRO Proceedings, (1994) pp.357-364.
- Resizing Triathlons for Fairness. with H. Wainer, Chance ,Vol. 7, No. 1, (1994), pp. 20-25.
- Comment on “Neural Networks and Related Methods for Classification” (with
C.J. Darken and L.H. Ungar), JRSSB , 56 (3), 446-447, (1994).
- “Multicollinearity: A Tale of two Non-parametric Regressions ”, (with
L.H. Ungar). In Selecting Models from Data: AI and Statistics IV, (ed P.Cheeseman and R.W. Oldford), pp.293-302. Springer-Verlag, (1994). postscript pdf format
- “A statistical analysis of Antarctic sea ice using multivariate adaptive
regressionsplines” (with A. Gordon, J. Comiso and N. Bacherer), Journal of Geophysical Research, 98 :(C11) 20,307-20,320 (1993).
- A comparison of two nonparametric estimation schemes: MARS and Neural Networks”
(with D.C. Psichogios and L.H. Ungar), Computers in Chemical Engineering 17:(8), 819-837, (1993).
- “The temporal and spatial variability of rainfall power” (with J.A. Smith), Environmetrics 3:(1) , 29-53, (1992)
- “Non-parametric system identification: A comparison of MARS and Neural
Networks” (with D.C. Psichogios and L.H. Ungar), American Control Conference Proceedings, 1436-1440, (1992).
- “Robust estimation of a normal mixture” (with A.M. Krieger), Statistics and Probability Letters, 10 , 1-7, (1990).
- “Multivariate time series modelling of strong motion accelerograms recorded
in Mexico and Taiwan” (with G.W. Ellis and A.S. Cakmak), Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering,9: 5, 218-227, (1990).
- `An application of factorial design to the development of fused silica capillary
columns” (with K.J. Hyver), Journal of High Resolution Chromatography, 12, 208-212, (1989).
- “Optimizing automatic splitless injection parameters for gaschromatographic
environmental analysis” (with M. Szelewski), Journal of Chromatographic Science, 27: 9, 513-518,(1989).
- “Finding transformations for linear regression using the ACE algorithm” Sociological Methods and Research, 18: 2 \& 3 328-359, (1989).
- “Mixtures of linear regressions.” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 8, 227-245,(1989).
- “ACE guided transformation method for estimation of the coefficient of
soil water diffusivity” (with J.M. Steele.)(Wilcoxon Award 1990), Technometrics, 31: 1, 91-99, (1989).