Welcome to this year’s Liberal Arts Macro conference, to be held at Williams College, August 1-3 2016. The workshop’s goals are:
- To create an opportunity for macroeconomists at liberal arts colleges to share research and ideas, and
- to build a network of colleagues with whom to share ideas and collaborate on research.
This year’s conference features:
- A one and one-half day program of presentations and discussions of papers on the usual range of macro topics (growth, monetary economics, fiscal policy, etc.), running from 1:00 on August 2 through the end of the day on August 3.
- A “bolt-on” session for papers on finance topics, taking place on the afternoon of August 1 and the morning of August 2.
- Our after dinner speaker on August 2nd will be David Colander, from Middlebury College. The topic of Dave’s talk will be whether “liberal arts economists are becoming an endangered species,” the subject of an article he recently published in the Eastern Economic Journal.
The 2017 LA Macro Workshop will be held at Davidson College. For more information, or to add your name to the LA Macro mailing list, please contact Caleb Stroup at castroup (at) davidson.edu.
Claremont McKenna College, 2013
Lafayette College, 2012
Vassar College, 2011
Hamilton College, 2009
Colgate University, 2005