Kellogg Building Project

Deconstruction

History Seeley House and the 1982 and 1995 additions to Kellogg House were carefully deconstructed. This deconstruction process was undertaken to comply with Imperative 15: Conservation and Reuse of the Living Building Challenge (LBC). Under this Imperative, the project teams must strive to reduce or eliminate the production of waste during design, construction, operation and more »

LEED vs. Living Building Challenge

As mentioned on the About the Project page, the College is pursing the International Living Future Institute’s Living Building Challenge (LBC) for Kellogg House. This will be among the first institutional projects in Massachusetts (and to our knowledge the most ambitious year-round program) to pursue the LBC.  Only four buildings have thus far achieved Living more »

History of Kellogg House

The built environment of Williams College has grown substantially over the past 200+ years and now encompasses approximately 2.4 million square feet. Remarkably, some of the College’s earliest buildings are still part of the College’s building stock. Kellogg House was built in 1794 as a home for the College president and used for this purpose more »


Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /opt/wpmu/trunk/wordpress/wp-content/themes/theme_williams/footer.php on line 16